A friendly, charismatic wine ambassador leads you to 3 hot spots, where you’ll be welcomed to a reserved table, with wait staff standing by, ready to serve our pre-selected wines and appetizers. Learn how to taste, pair and buy with an intimate group of 12 guests.
Start: Cantina Corsino
A neighborhood-style Italian trattoria with a cozy and energetic vibe. Sip a rose’ Prosecco and a Pinot Grigio from Friuli as you share a savory antipasti platter and an assortment of their 20 different crostini. Learn the basics of wine tasting.
2nd Stop: A.O.C.
An authentic French bistro. Sample classic varietals from France while nibbling on hearty charcuterie and artisanal cheeses. Discuss how to find a great value on a restaurant wine list.
Last stop: Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar
A new breed of wine bar. We’ll show you the wonder of pairing wine with dessert, especially the hand-made chocolates featured here. Wine and chocolate, a formula for romance and intimacy.
Pricing and Timing
$75 takes you on whirlwind tour of European wine while maintaining a NYC boutique sensibility. Tour lasts a bit over two hours.
Below is an example of what we taste on a West Village Wine Tour. Each tour tastes at least six wines and stops at three locations. Click on any of our wine tour stop locations to learn even more about them.
Zardetto Spumante Rose’, Veneto, Italy
Teresa Raiz Corte Le Marsure Pinot Grigio, Friuli, Italy
Savory Antipasti and Crostini
Louis Sipp Pinot Blanc, Alsace, France
Domaine de Grisy Bourgogne Rouge, Burgundy, France
Le Grand Mix of Charcuterie / Cheeses with condiments & bread
Ayza Aragon Garnacha, Calatayud, Spain
Chateau Le Pin Sacriste Saint Croix Du Mont, Bordeaux, France
Assorted Hand-Made Chocolates
Tours start at Cantina Corsino.
Address is 637 Hudson St New York, NY 10014.
Please make sure to arrive right on time!
- What is a City Wine Tour?
- City Wine Tours are walking tours that showcase specific city neighborhoods and premium wine destinations, such as upscale restaurants, luxury hotels and gourmet wine shops. At each destination, tour guests enjoy a private wine tasting. Tours last two hours and focus on wine tasting, wine pairing and wine history.
- Who gives these tours?
- City Wine Tours are led by our Wine Ambassadors. Our Ambassadors all hold advanced certifications in viticulture. They are dynamic and entertaining and help you have fun while tasting and learning about wine.
- How much wine is served?
- Over the course of the entire tour you will have the opportunity to taste up to 6 different varietals in the equivalent of 2-4 glasses of wine.
- What is the length of the tour?
- The tour lasts about two hours.
- How far will I walk?
- The total distance between all stops varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, but there is never more than 0.6 miles of walking on the tour. We walk at a leisurely pace on easy terrain.
- Is this a bus tour?
- No, guests walk short distances within specific neighborhoods. We can accommodate private group tours wishing to use buses.
- How many people are on each tour?
- In order to provide an intimate and comfortable wine experience group size is limited to 12 guests per tour.
- How should I dress for the tour?
- Please dress seasonally in comfortable casual to dressy-casual clothing and shoes.
- What will I learn on a City Wine Tour?
- Guests will learn details about the wines we taste, the locations we visit and the history of the neighborhood between stops.
- I live in the city. Is the tour still good for me?
- Absolutely! On our tours you enjoy experience VIP settings and wine tastings at upscale wine destinations.
- How often do tours run?
- Tours run 1-2 times a week in each location. Check our calendar for specifics.
- Do I need a reservation?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours sell out quickly so make sure to buy online or call our sales staff to make your reservations. We accept major credit cards including American Express.
- Is gratuity included?
- A City Wine Tour does not include gratuity in the cost of the ticket. We suggest a 15% - 20% tip if your are satisfied with your tour.
- Are private tours available?
- Absolutely! Check out our premium events page for tastings and exciting wine excursions.
- Is the tour handicap accessible?
- Most of the tours are wheelchair accessible. Please contact us directly if you are interested in taking the tour and have a disability.
- Can I bring a camera?
- Absolutely! If you get some good images please post them on our Facebook page.
- Can I bring children on the tour?
- We love kids, but this is not the tour for them. 21+ only is strictly enforced.
- What is the cancellation policy for City Wine Tours?
- Because of the high demand for these tours, tickets are non-refundable. Once purchased and scheduled, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled. Tickets are privately transferrable.
- What is your weather policy?
- Tours take place rain or shine. In the rare situation that we are forced to cancel the event, tours will be rescheduled or refunded.
- Are gift cards purchased for Boston wine tours redeemable for wine tours in New York?
- Yes, we will apply the purchase price of any gift card towards any public tour ticket.
- Is this a sightseeing tour?
- No, this is not a sightseeing tour - we provide wine education!