Private Group Wine Tours
Walking wine tours and tastings in our best neighborhoods!
- 2 Hrs Duration
- Choose your location
- 6 Wines at 2 Restaurants
Your friends are a diverse group, with different opinions and choices. On a private group wine tour, we give you an opportunity to sample wine with your friends, share a common perspective as you try unique wines, and talk about the flavors and tastes you discover. Your group’s most indiscriminate drinker might learn something about wine! Choose the perfect tour or event for your group by exploring all of our options below. The choice is yours!
Tours and Events
- The Perfect Date Wine Tour: For couples, 4 wine varietals, 2 small food pairings, 2 restaurants, 1.5 hours, select from all neighborhood options, $400.
- Small Group Private Tour: Between 3 and 6 people, 4 wine varietals, 2 small food pairings, 2 restaurants, 1.5 hours, choose from the North End, South End and Back Bay, $500 minimum for up to 6 guests; $85 per guest.
- Standard Private Wine Tour: Between 7 and 18 people, 6 wine varietals, 2 small food pairings, 2 restaurants, 2 hours, Select from all neighborhood options; $85 per guest.
- Large Private Wine Event: Between 19-50 people, 6 wine varietals, 2 food pairings, 1 restaurant location, 2 hours, choose from Soho, Upper West Side, and Back Bay; $85 per guest up to 18 guests, $70 per guest from 19 upwards.
- Wine Blending Event: Between 19-50 people, 3 premium wines and the 6 blending wines; $55 per guest. Learn More!
- In-House or On Location Wine Tasting: 10 or more guests, 2 hours, 6 wine varietals, wine ambassador; $65 per guest, Add charcuterie platters: $10 per guest extra, Add Glassware: $10 per guest extra. Learn More!
- Client Networking Event for Businesses: Up to 20 people, 6 wine varietals, 2 food pairings, 2 restaurant locations, 2 hours, select from all neighborhood options, wine mbassador leads group in mixers; $85 per guest up to 12 guests, $75 per guests 13-20. Learn More!
- Wine experts on site to pour wine and lead tastings
- At least 6 distinct wine varietals
- Hors d'oeuvres to pair
- Wine ambassador tip
- Transportation to and from starting location
How To Get There
The tour will begin at the restaurant or location of your choice!
How to Book/Cancellation Policy
Select Submit Request and submit your booking request by completing our simple order form. We will respond same-day if submitted during business hours. Please allow 48 hours if submitted on the weekend.
Your tour may be rescheduled with 5 days notice but we do not refund seats. You may give or sell your seat to another person.
What is a City Wine Tour?
City Wine Tours are walking tours that showcase specific city neighborhoods and premium wine destinations, such as upscale restaurants, luxury hotels and gourmet wine shops. At each destination, tour guests enjoy a private wine tasting. Tours last two hours and focus on wine tasting, wine pairing and wine history.
Who gives these tours?
City Wine Tours are led by our Wine Ambassadors. Our Ambassadors all hold advanced certifications in viticulture. They are dynamic and entertaining and help you have fun while tasting and learning about wine.
How much wine is served?
Over the course of the entire tour you will have the opportunity to taste up to 6 different varietals in the equivalent of 2-4 glasses of wine.
What is the length of the tour?
The tour lasts about two hours.
How far will I walk?
The total distance between all stops varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, but there is never more than 0.6 miles of walking on the tour. We walk at a leisurely pace on easy terrain.
Is this a bus tour?
No, guests walk short distances within specific neighborhoods. We can accommodate private group tours wishing to use buses.
How many people are on each tour?
In order to provide an intimate and comfortable wine experience group size on our public tours is limited to 12 guests per tour. For larger groups, please submit a private tour request
How should I dress for the tour?
Please dress seasonally in smart casual clothing and shoes.
What will I learn on a City Wine Tour?
Guests will learn details about the wines we taste, the locations we visit and the history of the neighborhood between stops.
I live in the city. Is the tour still good for me?
Absolutely! On our tours you will enjoy VIP settings and wine tastings at upscale wine destinations.
How often do tours run?
Tours run 1-2 times a week in each location. Check our calendar for specifics.
Do I need a reservation?
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours sell out quickly so make sure to buy online or call our sales staff to make your reservations. We accept major credit cards including American Express.
Is gratuity included?
A City Wine Tour does not include gratuity in the cost of the ticket. We suggest a 15% – 20% tip if your are satisfied with your tour.
Are private tours available?
Absolutely! Check out our premium events page for tastings and exciting wine excursions.
Is the tour handicap accessible?
Most of the tours are wheelchair accessible. Please contact us directly if you are interested in taking the tour and have a disability.
Can I bring a camera?
Absolutely! If you get some good images please post them on our Facebook page.
Can I bring children on the tour?
We love kids, but this is not the tour for them. 21+ only is strictly enforced.
What is the cancellation policy for City Wine Tours?
Because of the high demand for these tours, tickets are non-refundable. Once purchased and scheduled, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled. Tickets are privately transferrable.
What is your weather policy?
Tours take place rain or shine. In the rare situation that we are forced to cancel the event, tours will be rescheduled or refunded.
Are gift cards redeemable for wine tours in any of your cities?
Yes, Gift Cards can be used towards any of our tours in Boston, NYC, and Philadelphia!
Is this a sightseeing tour?
No, this is not a sightseeing tour – we provide wine education!